First of all, you may need a tissue. I thought I could do it without but did not succeed.
Okay, for all of you that know my family, know that we are very close. We do just about everything together, too. We are very much apart of each others lives.
Well the person that started it all is our Mimi! We all have stories that we can tell about her. Tomorrow would have been her birthday. So, this is in memory of her.
Where do I start? Well, I have just going to tell about some of my memories of her.
When we (me, Jess and Chris) were little we lived with Mimi and Pappaw for a period of time. I can remember putting on Mimi's high heels and fixing the supper table. She would drink BUTTERMILK, so one day I said I want to try that. Well guess what that was a one and only. She also made the best pumpkin pies. Well, sorry Diane and Susan, but I have not been able to eat a pumpkin pie in years.
During the summer we would have to go get Uncle Brent from football practice. The ride to Carter High School seemed FOREVER! Everyone knows Mimi did not come close the speed limit. (Well, except for once.) Jessica and I would get car sick riding to Carter.
When I was having my wedding shower, she sent Pappaw to the store to get some wrapping paper. Mimi about died when she saw the paper that he brought home. It was white with silver metallic hearts throughout the paper. She would be happy to know that paper 12 years later still lines the drawers of my dresser (for luck).
Some of you may not remember, but she did not get to come to my wedding. Brent taped it for her and as soon as the service was over he took it to her. After the ceremony, pictures and cake cutting Keith and I left the church and went to see her. She was on her three watching of the video she told me. As we were leaving was one of the few times I ever remember Mimi crying in front of us "kids". And if you know me, that is all it took. I cried from the time I left the house pretty much until I went to bed.
Well, I could go on and on, but will stop here for now. We love you and miss you!!!!!!!
Friday, August 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Thanks for the tissue warning! I needed them!
You didn't have to pay me back for my blog this soon! Thanks for the memories!
OKAY YOU AND MONICA ARE KILLING ME!!
I love this family!!
Post a Comment